The Planning Manager will be responsible for coordinating all product planning activities for the breadth of Mizzen+Main’s product line (~50-100 styles). They will be responsible for pre- season forecasting and in-season management of sales, margin, and inventory plans across all channels. The Manager will need to have a strong background in apparel and demand planning to help guide decision making throughout the entirety of the product lifecycle, including identifying post season sales opportunities that remain consistent with Mizzen+Main’s commitment to a no discount policy.
This role presents a tremendous opportunity for growth within the Mizzen+Main organization for those dedicated to building the next great American brand. Reports to the COO in Dallas, Texas.
- Collaborate with senior leadership on pre-season and in-season plans to align on sales, margin and inventory strategies across all channels.
- Manage diagnosis of the business and drive course of action.
- Lead process of developing, updating, and enhancing tools and process that supports financial forecasting and product planning
- Understand all cost and margin components of the business to assist all team members in meeting financial goals of the company while adhering to our core values
- Continue to enhance and drive Mizzen+Main’s values driven culture, ensuring a fun and positive work environment
- Develop and manage preseason product sales, margin and inventory plans for all products; determine recommended receipt quantities by style/color to maximize opportunities and minimize risks
- Report on previous quarter results; identify and inform product development and design of "missed sales" and growth drivers over prior year
- Lead pre-season work with product development to create comprehensive style-color level plans, including flow of goods, initial mark-up, average unit retail, average unit cost, net margin dollars / rate plans
- Drive sales, margin and inventory forecasts and strategies for all product categories in quarterly investment review meetings
- Provide weekly and monthly updates on business, identifying trends, and highlighting selling that exceeds or falls short of expectation
- Lead monthly OTB forecast meetings for current year in conjunction with the CFO and supply chain; provide sales trend opportunity for future quarters, validate stock-to-sales relationships, maximize receipt flow to improve turn, reconcile receipts and suggest strategies to drive profitability
- Initiate conversations with cross functional partners regarding potential risk or opportunities and suggested changes to course of action for both current and future quarters
- 5+ years merchandise planning in apparel, preferably menswear
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s in merchandising, fashion, planning, finance, or appropriate field
- Possess strong project management skills with ability to work collaboratively with all functional areas while being able to work independently
- Strong technical aptitude, including advanced competency in Microsoft Excel, and ability to work in complicated backend inventory systems
- Strong analytical, financial modeling and problem solving skills and enthusiasm for all things data
- Ability to synthesize business performance into key highlights, root cause analysis and action plans
- Strong communication skills and ability to confidently express opinions, especially those in disagreement with consensus whether written, verbal, or presentation based
- A positive attitude and commitment to work hard through difficult problems with respect for all team members -Demonstrated success collaborating, partnering and influencing at all levels and across all functions of the organization
- Ability to manage multiple work streams/projects with tight timelines in a hyper growth, dynamic environment
- Polished executive presence and presentation